Winter Festival!

Yesterday was said to be the coldest day Brisbane has seen in a decade, and I believe that! I'd left the house at 7am wearing a skirt, tights, ballet flats and a knit top with 3/4 length sleeves. If I'd known what was to come I would've forgone the skirt, donned trousers over tights, worn boots, a jacket, and scarf to boot. Oh, and if I owned gloves acceptable for public display- would've shoved them in the ol' handbag too. Brrrr.

So, it seemed fitting that the Brisbane Alpine Winter Festival was supposed to be kicking off at 5pm yesterday. I for one am pretty pumped about this event. It's not just the fact that there's an outdoor ice rink being set up in a city that for a large percentage of the year swelters above 30 degrees Celsius that excites me, it's because I absolutely love cold climate fare. I was in my small version of heaven during our travels in Germany where it seemed perfectly acceptable to have a large hunk of apple strudel at any time of the day, and where the schnitzels were sometimes larger than the plates they came out on. Don't even get me started on the steaming hot cups of mulled wine. Sigh. So... I was a bit disappointed when I finished work and they were still setting up, preventing me from getting my hands on any of the above mentioned deliciousness.

All was not lost though, because my workmates and I went and had Devonshire tea instead. Which was almost as delicious, and equally as warming. And it just means I get to save my appetite for another time and visit the Winter Festival then.
K x

Devonshire Tea on a cold winter's day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...