Cabochon setting update

(...here is an entry I wrote on the 6th May and saved it waiting to take the photos and then seemed to forget- oops!)

This week saw me get back into my silversmithing class after a two week course break over Easter... and boy was it good to be back into the swing of hammering and sanding the morning away.

Here is the ring progress so far- it seems to be taking forever but it's the biggest piece of silver I've worked with thus far so forming it, hammering and soldering took longer than my previous projects. Can't wait to finally set the stone... hopefully next week!
K x
I chose a cushion shape for the band as it's supposed to
be more comfortable and won't spin as easily on the finger.

...to give an idea of scale and roughly how it should look
when finished

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...