It is, after all, the Most Important Meal of The Day

You know you're going to have a good day when you have a burst of inspiration even before breakfast... Well, today mine was concerning breakfast.

I'm a sucker for pretty much any food with mushrooms in it, so when a friend at work was telling me about a mushroom breakfast involving cream and rosemary it was all I could do not to run for the doors to the nearest Woolworths and buy up whatever they had from the fungi family!

This yummy brekky was so simple to make and quick as a flash- I'm not sure how the original recipe was supposed to be but I improvised and it tasted pretty goshdang good to me. 

For the mushrooms (I used Portabello) I just melted some butter in a pan, added the sliced mushrooms and a little water and let it sauté for a few minutes. I then added some Rosemary (from my herb garden!), salt and pepper and a few dollops of cream. Pop the mushrooms and delicious pan juices on some toasted Sourdough bread and it's done.

I added ricotta and rocket on top because the mood struck me but I imagine the mushies would be great on their own atop the lightly toasted Sourdough.


...And there was someone else who wanted some too... It's rare for her to sit still for more than two seconds but she was being such a good girl I was compelled to share. Just a teeny bit.


K x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...