Lino Printing

I've always wanted to give lino cutting/printing a go, and last week I bought a few supplies to realise this little desire of mine. I've discovered it's quite therapeutic (when I manage to keep the blade away from my thumb!) Here's what I made:


These were a couple of practice runs so I could see how it turned out and if I needed to fine tune any of the letters. I'm pretty happy with how it looks, but I think I need to buy some special heavy duty paper to print on. Also the paint is a little patchy too so I think I might have to experiment with a few different types... If there's anyone out there who's a bit of an expert I'd love a couple of pointers!? In the meantime I'll be happily carving away, maybe a picture rather than words this time (those little serifs were a pain)!

K x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...