Kitchen Plans

Hello! Well it's been a couple of weeks since I've posted and I have just returned from a nice little break at the beach which was lovely- lots of eating, drinking and soaking up the sun but unfortunately not much creative stuff going on which is why this little blog has suffered some neglect lately.

One exciting thing is that MrBenni and I have decided on a colour for our mini kitchen makeover.

Current cabinets need an update and replacing
them isn't an option at the moment.



The existing kitchen cabinetry needs a lift (i.e. I can't stand the dark wood veneer any longer) and after reading a couple of articles on ehow about how to paint wood laminate and wood veneer, it seems with the right prepwork (and sealant) anything is possible. I'd be interested to know if any of you have done this before? Tips/tricks?

So we've (almost certainly) decided on British Paints 350 Flight Plan for the cabinetry to tie in with the blue/grey of the bench tops (I'm hoping it won't be too dark if we go with light walls) and I think with new stainless hardware to replace the old brown knobs it will be the pick-me-up our tired little kitchen needs...



Oh and maybe this island bench from Ikea and some bright stools

We plan to get stuck into it soon, will let you know how it goes!
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...